Literary Agent Colleen Lindsay is holding a neat contest on her blog.
Essentially, she got tried of people trying to pitch their novels to her over Twitter and one of her friend said she should hold a contest.
The rules are:
- All queries must be 140 characters or less. Including punctuation and spaces between words. Just like on Twitter!
- One query per person.
- Queries must be left in the comments field of her post. Don’t spam her Twitter feed!
- Contest is open from now until midnight EST on Thursday night.
- Top five queries will be posted on the blog.
- Grand prize is a query and first chapter critique.
So here is what I entered. Is about my novel in the works “Ice Debt”. I left her a note so she knows that I don’t have a completed novel, but I would still love that first chapter critique:
The Ice Age is ending. Gen-Mod Healers are fleeing, leaving the Rebels to defend the North. Except Kylee who now owes them a life debt.
I’d love comments.
You can post your own 140 character query her blog here: http://theswivet.blogspot.com/